What is RD Service?
The Registered Device (RD) Service ensures that third party applications cannot store and use biometric data for authentication at a later time. Every fingerprint scan from a registered device is signed by the RD service provider and encrypted along with the time stamp, before being sent to the host application. Moreover, every registered device used in Aadhaar based applications has a unique identifier, allowing traceability and fraud management.
As per UIDAI guidelines, it is mandatory to use registered devices for all Aadhaar based applications.
This device is certified for use in AADHAAR authentication applications, along with RDSERVICE software from SecuGen India Pvt. Ltd. RDSERVICE is a software service provided by SecuGen India Pvt. Ltd. in accordance with UIDAI specifications for Registered Devices LEVEL 0. Charges are applicable for the RDSERVICE if not included at the time of purchase and should be paid to continue using the device in AADHAAR authentication applications with RDSERVICE. Please check with your seller if RDSERVICE is included when purchasing the device.
- Device Registration with UIDAI
- Local device key certification by SecuGen servers
- Digital signing of every fingerprint captured
- Creation of secure encrypted PID block for Aadhaar verification
- Key rotation on local device at a frequency mandated by UIDAI
- 100% disaster recovery at server end
- To know more about the RD service architecture, click here.
- For Network Connectivity troubleshooting, click here
- For RD Service FAQs, click here.
- Usage on Windows 7 and 8 requires legacy Pro 20 drivers. To download, click here.
- For Pro 20 Device driver installation document, click here